The Telemark electron beam source (ebeam gun) digital XY sweep is the latest in beam control technology from Telemark. It affords precise beam control and high repeatability for vapor cloud uniformity. This unit comes with a handheld joystick and replaces the older analog style sweep units. A color LCD touch screen shows real time display of source pocket.
The Digital Programmable Sweep controls the pinpoint location of the EB Source beam spot. Patterns are viewable from the LCD screen and can be edited to change size, frequency, rotation, profile and location.
- 5 Preset shapes (triangular, sinusoidal, collapsible circle, rotatable line, point)
- User definable oscillation frequency, amplitude, rotational speed, circular pattern collapse size
Memory for eight user definable patterns
- High repeatability for consistent yields and material usage
- Binary coded or direct line remote pattern select and feedback
- Intuitive – short learning curve for operators and engineers
- Tight beam control and uniform energy distribution for dielectric and subliming materials
- Stable single spot for evaporation of metals
- Excellent for processes requiring repeatable vapor cloud distribution
- Replace older style analog sweeps
PROGRAMABLE SWEEP ADDITIONAL FEATURES
- Stores 32 user shapes and 32 patterns that are remotely selectable
- User may edit any step in a shape without rewriting the program
- Unit adjusts output to match deflection characteristics and magnetic distortion of each source, so displayed shape mirrors actual shape in the chamber
- RS-232 with easy to use ascii protocol
- Compatible with all transverse beam sources, featuring offset and an interlock for sources requiring coil bias for pocket center
Programmable Sweep Windows Editor Software
The Programmable Sweep Editor software can:
Create and edit sweep shapes
Import coma delimited files shape files
Full backup and restore of Programmable Sweep
Backup and restore individual shapes and patterns
Update sweep software
Programmable Sweep Profile
Some shapes have a profile variable. Positive values will spend more time on the edge of the pattern, negative values will spend more time at the center of the pattern. Some materials and patterns can benefit from power profiling by creating a more constant beam energy density as the beam sweeps across the area of the pocket.
Sweep Distortion Adjust
Both the Digital Sweep and the Programmable Sweep have 9 points to define the size of the pocket. This gives you control over the distortion adjustment to compensate for the physical properties of the e-beam source magnetics. This feature may be of interest if the circular sweep setup pattern exhibits any non-circular path aberrations.