- Removing hydrocarbon contamination on TEM and SEM samples before imaging.
- Removing carbon deposition after STEM imaging.
- Making TEM grid hydrophilic for cryo-EM applications. Unique gentle downstream mode and pulsed plasma can handle ultra-thin carbon and graphene grids without damaging the fragile grids
- Removing organic contamination and activate in-situ TEM and SEM chip surface. Making liquid cell surface hydrophilic.
- Support ThermoFisher (FEI), JEOL and Hitachi specimen holder, cryo-em autoloader cassette, SEM stud, and regular TEM grids on any holders
Tergeo-EM plasma cleaner is the only TEM/SEM plasma cleaner that has integrated both immersion mode plasma cleaning (samples are immersed in plasma) and downstream mode plasma cleaning (samples are placed outside the plasma) in one system. Downstream plasma cleaning totally eliminates the ion sputtering of samples. In addition, unique pulsed mode operation can generate extremely short plasma pulses to further reduced the plasma intensity for delicate samples. Patented plasma sensor technology monitors the plasma strength in real-time. It helps users to set up the right cleaning recipe for different types of samples.
Tergeo-EM plasma cleaner can meet all the requirements from high speed cleaning for heavily contaminated apertures and electrodes in electron optics column to gentle cleaning for samples like graphene, carbon nanotube, DLC (diamond-like carbon), carbon fiber, or TEM samples on holey carbon grid. Tergeo-EM plasma cleaner is equipped with an oil-free dry pump safe for oxygen service. Usually, air or 80%Ar 20%O2 gas mixture can be used for SEM/TEM sample cleaning application. Two to three mass flow controlled gas delivery ports are available to mix multiple process gases.